Successful applicants must be:
- An individual enrolled at Camosun College, VIU or North Island College, and
- In a construction foundations program or
- Level 1, 2, 3, 4 of a construction apprenticeship, and
- Continuing on his or her studies in construction
- Priority will be given to applicants living and working on Vancouver Island
The Fund awards four bursaries of up to $1000 during each calendar year.
**Please note that for the 2020 awards, all training grants will be presented in the Fall.
- Spring Awards (2)
- Applications due March 30th
- Successful applicants will be advised of the award by April 30th
- Fall Awards (2)
- Applications due August 30th
- Successful applicants will be advised of the award by September 30th
Your application to the VICA Training Fund consists of:
- General application form - filled out online
- Unofficial Transcript & Proof of Registration
- Statement of Personal Goals (500 words)
- How you decided to pursue a trades career
- Your academic achievements
- Your involvement in the community
- The impact you hope to make in the industry and your community
- What barriers you may have faced or overcome to get where you are now
- What inspires you to succeed in your chosen trade
- What you think is the biggest challenge for trades in society
Applications are considered ineligible if the training has already started or has been completed.
Please note that once you begin filling out the application form, you cannot save and return, it must be completed in sessions.
Funding applications will be reviewed by Foundation staff and our volunteer team of advisors, which includes two appointees from the Vancouver Island Construction Association.
Please note that your applications will be reviewed and weighted based upon the following criteria:
- 50% - Your academic achievements
- 50% - Your Statement of Personal Goals
Priority will be given to applicants who clearly articulate: 1) community involvement, 2) barriers faced and overcome, and 3) construction career goals
By applying, you consent to and acknowledge that the Construction Foundation of BC may share information about the application and/or your organization with our staff, donors, advisors and community partners.
Should you be successful in receiving funds from the VICA Training Fund, administered by the Construction Foundation of BC, you consent to and acknowledge that the granting detail may be made public and shared by VICA & the Construction Foundation on their websites, social media channels and various outreach mediums.