This $1,600,000 fund is provided by LNG Canada and administered through the BC Construction Association. Designed specifically to support industry and apprenticeship training for the construction and related trades in BC, the LNG Canada Trades Training Fund will be of particular interest to small employers in BC who would like help covering costs of Foundation or Apprenticeship training for an employee interested in developing their skills in high demand trades.
Effective February 1, 2017, to broaden the reach of the second round of funding to employers and Apprentices who have not yet participated, the following eligibility criteria have been introduced:
- There is a new limit of one course per participant, unless that course is a completion course (e.g. Level 4)
- Only small companies with 20 employees or less are eligible
- Employers must apply to the fund on behalf of their employee, without the help of a third party facilitator
- Applications must be received one month prior to the month the training starts. (e.g. for courses that begin in April, applications must be submitted by February 28)
- Eligible trades are now limited to the top in-demand Construction Trades
- Priority will be given to applicants in Northwest BC
Interested applicants can APPLY HERE via the BC Construction Association.