To be eligible to apply for funding, the applicant must:
- have a demonstrated financial need
- be between the ages of 16 and 24
- be a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant
- have obtained or be in the process of obtaining your Learner’s Licence
- currently enrolled in or are planning to enrol in an ICBC approved driver’s training course
- living in the Greater Victoria area
The Fund awards two grants of up to $1500 during each calendar month.
- Applications are due the last day of each month
- Successful applicants will be advised of the award by the 10th day of the following month
Your complete application to The SHIFT Fund is comprised of:
- A completed application form (all three pages)
- A photocopy of your learner’s licence (if you have it)
- If you are under 19, a letter from your guardian confirming their support of the applicant attending driver training program including on outline of why funding is required.
- If you are under 19, and in government care, proof that you have asked your social worker for financial support to do driver’s training and their response to that request will be required prior to processing the application. (This will only apply to youth who are currently in care.)
Funding applications will be reviewed by Foundation Staff and our volunteer team of advisors, which is composed of construction industry professionals from across the province. Final approval will be made by the executive directors of the Foundation Board.
By applying, you consent to and acknowledge that the Construction Foundation of BC may share information about the application and/or your organization with our staff, donors, advisors and community partners.
Should you be successful in receiving Driver Training Funding from the Construction Foundation of BC, you consent to and acknowledge that the granting detail will be made public and shared on our website and with the funder.
Note: training must begin within 60 days of receiving confirmation of your successful application.