The SHIFT reduces barriers and connects young people with the tools and training needed to be successful on the job site. From drivers’ licenses to safety certifications, and industry led construction 101 programs including short term work experience we provide opportunities for young people to accumulate the education and training needed to get a start in Industry.
The approximate value of each grant for driver training is $1500 and will be paid directly to the training provider. Please note that funds are limited and the grant will only remain open as long as funds are available.
To be eligible to apply for funding, the applicant must be:
- a current or former youth in care either under a continuing custody order (CCO), Temporary Custody Order (TCO), Voluntary Care Agreement (VCA), Special Needs Agreement (SNA), or Youth Agreement in BC under the Child Family and Community Services Act and have had a cumulative total of 1 year in government care
- between the ages of 16 and 24
- a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant
- obtaining or have obtained your Learner’s Licence
- currently enrolled or are planning to enroll in an ICBC approved driver’s training course
- living in the Greater Victoria area
We are currently accepting applications for this fund.
The process will remain open until funds are fully depleted.
Funding applications will be reviewed by Foundation Staff and our volunteer team of advisors, which is composed of construction industry professionals from across the province. Final approval will be made by the executive directors of the Foundation Board.
By applying, you consent to and acknowledge that the Construction Foundation of BC may share information about the application and/or your organization with our staff, donors, advisors and community partners.
Should you be successful in receiving Driver Training Funding from the Construction Foundation of BC, you consent to and acknowledge that the granting detail will be made public and shared on our website and with the funder.