To be eligible to apply for funding, the applicant must be enrolled at a recognized educational institution. The recipient will receive up to $1,500 to be applied to tuition and textbooks. Please note that the award will be paid directly to the training institution.
Successful applicants must be:
- A woman enrolled in a recognized training institution
- In a construction foundations program or
- Level, 1, 2, 3 or 4 of an electrical apprenticeship
- Continuing with her studies in construction
Applications to the bursary must be received a minimum of one month prior to the month the training starts.
The Fund awards two bursaries of up to $1500 during each calendar year.
The Spring Award (1):
• Applications are due March 30th
• Successful applicants will be advised of the award by April 30th
The Fall Award (1):
• Applications are due August 30th. ** DEADLINE EXTENDED ** September 15th.
• Successful applicants will be advised of the award by September 30th
Your application to the Mott Electric Women in Trades Training Fund consists of:
- General application form
- Unofficial Transcript & Proof of Registration
- Statement of Personal Goals (100 – 500 words)
- Financial Information
Applications are considered ineligible if the training has already has been completed.
Funding applications will be reviewed by Foundation Staff and our volunteer team of advisors, which includes two appointees from Mott Electric GP.
Final approval will be made by the executive directors of the Foundation Board.
By applying, you consent to and acknowledge that the Construction Foundation of BC may share information about the application and/or your organization with our staff, donors, advisors and community partners.
Should you be successful in receiving funds from the Mott Electric GP Women in Electrical Training Fund from the Construction Foundation of BC, you consent to and acknowledge that the granting detail may be made public and shared on our website.